Eclipse Member Newsletter, February 2017 Edition

Title: *|MC:SUBJECT|*

FEBRUARY 2017 EDITION

FOUNDATION UPDATES

SEE YOUR CANDIDATES NOW!

Nominations for the 2017 election closed on January 31, 2017. Individual candidate pages will be published on February 13. Voting begins on February 21 and ends on March 10, 2017, at 3pm Eastern time. To view the list of candidates, click here.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in the nomination process.

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS FOR DEVOXX US ANNOUNCED

Eclipse Converge, Eclipse IoT Day and Devoxx US are just around the corner.

The final piece of the program is now in place with the keynote speakers for Devoxx US being announced.

With presentations by Brian Kane, the developer behind the viral Billy Bass Alexa hack, to Janelle Klein's keynote exploring the “Architecture of Identity", this three-day event will be packed with exciting and innovative talks.

In addition to the formal talks being given, there are many BoFs, hackathons, social events, and other activities scheduled - check out the full program to plan your week.

Book your hotel by February 27, 2017, to get the best rate!

For more information on how to register, click here.

PARTICIPATE IN THE IOT DEVELOPER SURVEY 2017

We’re pleased to launch the third annual IoT Developer Survey. In past years, the survey has provided an interesting insight into how developers are building IoT solutions. The survey will run until March 17, 2017 and the results will be published in early April 2017.

This year the Eclipse IoT Working Group is partnering with the IoT Council, IEEE IoT, and the AGILE-IoT research project to expand the scope and respondent pool for the survey.

Take the time to complete this 5-8 minute survey. It not only allows us to analyze the latest trends, but it gives you a chance to get your voice heard. You will also get access to the analysis in April.

ECLIPSECON FRANCE CALL FOR PAPERS

Submissions are now open for EclipseCon France 2017. We have new tracks, new plans, and a program committee eager to read your talk proposal.

The conference is 21 - 22 June with an Unconference on 20 June, so be sure to save those dates.

The early-bird submission deadline is March 15; all proposals are due by March 29.

We'll see you in June in Toulouse!

CALGIS / LOCATIONCON 2017

LocationTech is thrilled to announce CalGIS LocationCon in Oakland, CA on May 22-25, 2017.

CalGIS LocationCon 2017 is a co-hosted conference that combines the annual California GIS conference (CalGIS) with LocationCon. This is a new LocationTech event that targets Eclipse Foundation members and others who are focused on the commercial use of open source technology. The event is 4 days, including a full day of workshops at no additional cost, meals, larger audiences and incredible speakers from all over the geospatial industry.

We are still accepting presentations and workshop proposals. Get yours in before the deadline!
Submit yours today!

You can learn more about the conference by visiting our website. We look forward to seeing you in Oakland in May!

DIVERSITY AT THE ECLIPSE FOUNDATION

Last week, we announced a number of Eclipse Foundation initiatives that will be focused on growing and supporting open source projects and developers in communities all over the world.

Some of these initiatives include:

  • Identifying ways in which all Eclipse events are inclusive events and welcoming
  • Rolling out an ambassador program to involve the community in welcoming newcomers into the ecosystem
  • Reaching out to established projects to see how we can support their efforts
  • Making all Eclipse Foundation websites and resources easier to navigate for native non-English speakers
  • Providing the community with a direct path to Foundation staff for ideas, complaints, feedback and other issues that our community or members may encounter

If you would like to find out more, check out Thea Aldrich's blog post. If you would like to get involved with these efforts, please contact thea@xxxxxxxxxxx or join us on the Eclipse Foundation Mattermost Diversity Channel.

2ND ANNUAL ECLIPSE SUMMIT INDIA

Eclipse Summit India 2017 will be held again, scheduled for July 27-29, 2017 in Bangalore. The call for papers is open now.

New Solutions Member:

-Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)

-Sherpa Engineering

New Associate Members:

-London Java Community

Email us to take advantage of the opportunity to promote your Eclipse training or other Eclipse event on the Events Map!

See the Events map for DemoCamps, Training Series, and Working Group activities.

Devoxx US 2017
March 20-23, 2017
San Jose, California, USA

Eclipse IoT Day
March 20, 2017
San Jose, California, USA

Eclipse Converge 2017
March 20, 2017
San Jose, California, USA

CalGIS / LocationCon
May 22 - 25, 2017
Oakland, California, USA

EclipseCon France
June 21-22, 2017
Toulouse, France

Eclipse Summit India
July 27-29, 2017
Bengalore, India

LAST CHANCE TO WIN IN THE DEVOXX DREAMIN' SWEEPSTAKES

Devoxx US is almost here and this is your last chance to win a free pass! Each winner of the pass will have the ability to attend both the Devoxx US conference and Eclipse Converge!

The last day of the draw is Tuesday, February 14, 2017 all you have to do is simply fill out the form to enter!

Entries will be considered for all upcoming draws, so you only need to complete the form once.

The scope of the Eclipse GEMOC Studio project is to provide generic components through Eclipse technologies for the development, integration, and use of heterogeneous executable modeling languages.
More...

MAKE AN OFFER TO ECLIPSE MEMBERS

Promote your special offer to other Eclipse members in future issues of this newsletter. If you have a product discount, event coupon, free trial or other special deal to offer, submit your posting to the Member 2 Member Marketplace.

Submit a Member to Member Offer
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Email

Copyright © 2017 Eclipse Foundation, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
member.newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxx

Contact the Editor