Eclipse Member Newsletter, September 2014 edition

To view this newsletter online go to https://www.eclipse.org/community/newsletter/2014/2014September.html.

September 9, 2014

Foundation Updates in This Issue

EclipseCon Europe Program Is Ready

ECE 2014 logoThe ECE program has been chosen, andkeynotes have been announced! See thelist of sessions on the website now.

Special thanks to all community members who submitted talks, and to the program committee for their hard work in making the final choices.
Whether your interest is in Eclipse technology, IoT, tools, languages, or something else, there are sessions in the program that will inspire and teach. Be sure to see the article below about the extra events and focused content at ECE this year. Also expect the usual great social networking, parties, entertainment and food.

Register by October 1 for the best price, and we look forward to seeing you in Ludwigsburg!

New IoT Top-Level Project Announced

iot 2014 logoWe are very happy to announce the creation of the IoT top-level project at Eclipse. The top-level project will help guide the numerous Eclipse open source IoT projects that have been created in the last two years. The project will work closely with the IoT working group, and moves us toward our goal of being the open source community for IoT.
More...

EclipseCon NA 2015: Save the Dates

Econ NA 2015 logoPlans are underway for EclipseCon NA 2015, set for March 9-12 in Burlingame, California. The call for papers will go out at the beginning of October, so be thinking about your talk proposals now! We are excited to be co-locating withFOSS4G NA this year, and we are planning more Theme Days and developer summits to serve our growing community.

Eclipse Members Meeting on September 23

The next Eclipse Foundation Members meeting is on Tuesday September 23, starting at 11:30 Eastern. The meeting will take place using Google Hangout and live streamed to YouTube. The agenda will be sent out via the members-committers email list when it is finalized.

Recent Project Proposals

Esprima
Esprima was created to serve as a standard-compliant and high-performant ECMAScript parser written in ECMAScript.
More...
COTSAQ
The COTSAQ project provides a web based solution for managing Intellectual Property of software and systems.
More...
Cloud Application Management Framework
The Cloud Application Management Framework can be promoted/adopted by any Cloud-related party as a tool for configuring, deploying and managing applications on different infrastructures in a vendor-neutral manner.
More...
score
Score is a generic workflow engine based on Java. It supports multiple common orchestration languages.
More...

New Solutions Members

Esito AS

IS2T

New Associate Member

University of Calgary

Email us to take advantage of the opportunity to promote your Eclipse training or other Eclipse event on the Events Map!
Eclipse Events Map

Eclipse Day Bangalore
September 20, 2014
Bangalore, India

Eclipse Day Italy
October 8, 2014
Genoa, Italy

Eclipse Unconference
October 27, 2014
Ludwigsburg, Germany

EclipseCon Europe /
OSGi Community Event 2014

October 28-30, 2014
Ludwigsburg, Germany

Eclipse Day China
October 29, 2014
Beijing, China

Eclipse Finance Day
October 30, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland

Make an Offer
To Eclipse Members

Promote your special offer to other Eclipse members in future issues of this newsletter. If you have a product discount, event coupon, free trial or other special deal to offer, submit your posting to the Member 2 Member Marketplace.

Submit a Member 2 Member Offer

Don't Miss These
During ECE!

EclipseCon Europe isn't "just ECE" any more, so be sure to consider these options when registering and making your travel plans. Note that three of these are on Monday, the day before the official start of the conference.

Contact the Editor