Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes from Jul. 29

Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes

July 29, 2008 at 12:00 pm EST

NOTE THAT THE NEXT MARKETING CALL IS IN 4 WEEKS RATHER THAN 2

Next Call: August 26, 2008 at 12:00 pm EST

Dial 1-866-362-7064 or +1 613-287-8000

Pass code 880932

Attended:  Eric Cloninger (Motorola), Donna Esposito (EclipseWorld), Lynn Gayowski (Eclipse), Marta George (Instantiations), Tina Kvavle (Instantiations), Richard Mayer (Protecode), Ian Skerrett (Eclipse)

FOUNDATION UPDATES (see below for information that was given on each event):

1. Market Research

2. Eclipse Summit Europe

3. Enterprise Adoption Statistics

4. EclipseWorld

1. Market Research

-The Foundation is planning a market research study to better understand the user community

-Forrester will be running the research

-Member companies can get access to the results by helping to fund the research

-5 members are signed up so far but we need more

Opportunities:  Contact Ian Skerrett at ian at eclipse dot org to participate in the market research study.

2. Eclipse Summit Europe

http://www.eclipsesummit.org

November 19-20, 2008

Ludwigsburg, Germany

-Registration for the conference is now open

-Sponsorship is going really well – we have 22 so far out of a target 30 sponsors

-So far there aren’t a lot of North American sponsors, so this may be an opportunity for members

-Projected attendance is 400-450 attendees

-Since the Foundation puts this conference on, we do not run any extra events like the passport game – all content is Eclipse-focused

-If members have ideas on different sponsorship benefits, please let us know

Opportunities:  Sponsor ESE - details at http://www.eclipsecon.org/summiteurope2008/sponsorship

3. Enterprise Adoption Statistics

-A question was raised about statistics on enterprise adoption of Eclipse

-Stats. are available from the Eclipse wiki

-See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Marketing_Resources#RESEARCH

4. EclipseWorld

http://www.eclipseworld.net/

October 28-30, 2008

Reston, VA, USA

-Donna Esposito gave an update

-EclipseWorld has organized co-marketing with local user groups and has a special promotion with Genuitec

-Predicted attendance is 600

-Mike Milinkovich from the Foundation will give a keynote

-Eclipse will hold its members’ meeting on the Monday before the conference – Oct. 27

-We will also have a marketing meeting on the Tuesday, Oct. 28, which is the symposia day

-An Eclipse reception will be open to everyone

Opportunities:  Attend or sponsor EclipseWorld  - details at http://www.eclipseworld.net/

Regards,

Lynn Gayowski

Marketing Events Manager