Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes from Dec. 4

Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes

December 4, 2007 at 12:00 pm EST

Next Call: January 15, 2007 at 12:00 pm EST

(note the delay due to the Members Call Dec. 18 and the holiday break)

Dial 1-866-362-7064 or +1 613-287-8000

Pass code 880932

FOUNDATION UPDATES (see below for information that was given on each event):

1. Members Meeting Call

2. EclipseCon

3. Eclipse DemoCamps

4. Eclipse Awards

5. JavaOne

1. Members Meeting Call

The next marketing call will not take place as the Eclipse Members Meeting call is scheduled during our usual call time.

Dec. 18, 2007

8:30am PST / 11:30am EST / 4:30pm GMT

Call will be a maximum of 1.5 hours

To join the next members meeting teleconference, call:

1-866-362-7054 (North America) or +1-613-287-8000 (International)

Participant pass code 187860#

The agenda will include:

Executive Director Report

Membership Report

Ganymede Update

New Member Introduction(s)

Marketing Update

2. EclipseCon 2008

http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/

Santa Clara, CA

Mar. 17-20, 2008

The program for EclipseCon will be announced Monday, December 10 and will be posted to the conference site.  470 submissions were received with many strong proposals, so the program is looking very exciting.

Opportunities

1) Very early bird pricing for registration, which is less than half of the on-site registration price, lasts until Dec. 31.

2) Gold, silver and bronze sponsor packages are available for EclipseCon.  For any questions contact Donald Smith at donald dot smith at eclipse dot org.  Details on sponsorship opportunities are at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=sponsorship/.

3. Eclipse DemoCamps

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp

29 cities around the world

Nov. 13-Dec. 19, 2007

13 of the 29 DemoCamps have taken place and the reviews coming back have been very positive.  Average attendance is 24 people per DemoCamp, but the range has been from 8 people to 61.  We are looking for feedback on whether we should run the program again or how we should do it differently.

Note from Lynn:  Thanks to Nancy McClure of Instantiations for her Eclipse DemoCamp logo design on the wiki page.

Opportunities

1) If you attended or organized a DemoCamp, send us your feedback!  Should we run the program again?  When?  What did you think of the DemoCamp format?  Should the DemoCamps be a regular event?  Email your thoughts to Ian at ian at eclipse dot org and Lynn at lynn at eclipse dot org.

2) Attend an upcoming DemoCamp in December – sign up to attend at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp

4. Eclipse Awards

The Eclipse Awards are an annual event to honour individuals and technologies from the Eclipse community.  The call for nominations will be announced on the Eclipse website around Dec. 14 so watch www.eclipse.org for more info.  Individual Awards are voted on by the community and the Technology Awards are decided by a panel of judges.  The awards will be given out to the winners at EclipseCon on March 17.

5. JavaOne

http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf/

San Francisco, CA

May 6-8, 2008

After receiving feedback from members, Eclipse is going to pursue the idea of having an Eclipse Pavilion area at JavaOne, where members could purchase a company pedestal within an Eclipse area in the exhibition hall.  Details should be available in early January, but we are hoping to keep the cost of a pedestal in the range of $6,000.  We will also run a passport game, similar to previous years, where conference attendees have to gather stamps from Eclipse member company booths in order to get an Eclipse t-shirt or other giveaway.

We also discussed having an Eclipse Day of technical presentations on the Monday (May 5) before JavaOne, but the general feeling from members seems to be that they will be very busy with other activities and there may be too much competition to try and hold an event on this day.  We decided not to go forward with an Eclipse Day this year.

Opportunities

1) If you may be interested in participating with Eclipse at JavaOne as a sponsor of the pavilion or passport program email Lynn Gayowski at lynn at eclipse dot org.

Regards,

Lynn Gayowski

Marketing Events Manager

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.