|Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes from Nov. 6|
Eclipse Marketing Call Minutes
November 6, 2007 at 12:00 pm EST
Next Call: November 20, 2007 at 12:00 pm EST
Dial 1-866-362-7064 or +1 613-287-8000
Pass code 880932
FOUNDATION UPDATES (see below for information that was given on each event):
1. EclipseCon – call for submissions and sponsorship
3. Eclipse Democamps – demo and attend
4. EclipseWorld – attend the Eclipse party
5. JavaOne – submit a talk
1. EclipseCon 2008
Mar. 17-20, 2008
A press release on the EclipseCon dates and keynotes was sent out Oct. 31. There are also announcements going out to encourage early registration.
1) Submit a talk for EclipseCon by Nov. 19. The business category for talks may be of particular interest to people on the marketing mailing list. Topics can include things such as business models (making money with open source), legal issues and marketing experiences. Information on the EclipseCon call for participation is at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=submissions/.
2) Gold, silver and bronze sponsor packages are available for EclipseCon. For any questions contact Donald Smith at donald dot smith at eclipse dot org. Details on sponsorship opportunities are at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=sponsorship/.
2. Eclipse Community Survey
Matt Lawton, an analyst from IDC, conducted an Eclipse community survey to get feedback from people visiting the eclipse.org website. The survey gathered information on what people think of Eclipse and the Foundation, and how people use Eclipse. The complete survey results are now available at http://cdn.idc.com/downloads/EclipseCommunitSurveyResults%5BNotesPages%5D.pdf, along with highlights posted in a community bulletin at http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20071106_cbsurvey.php.
3. Eclipse Democamps
26 cities around the world
Nov. 13-Dec. 14, 2007
Eclipse DemoCamps will take place around the world during November and December. They are an opportunity to show off what’s happening in Eclipse and to meet with local developers.
1) Demo your Eclipse technology - sign up for your local DemoCamp at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp
2) Attend a DemoCamp – register your name for your local DemoCamp at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp
Nov. 6-8, 2007
EclipseWorld started today!
1) Attend the Eclipse Foundation “Meet the Projects” Party on Wed., Nov. 7, 8:00-10:00 pm. Eclipse project leaders and committers will be on hand to demo their projects and answer your questions. RSVP to attend and reserve a shirt by emailing eclipse-world-party@xxxxxxxxxxx.
May 6-8, 2008
Eclipse has previously done a “passport game” at JavaOne, where conference attendees have to gather stamps from Eclipse member company booths in order to collect a t-shirt from Eclipse. We will look at expanding to an Eclipse Pavilion where member companies would have a pedestal within a coordinated Eclipse Pavilion area. We will have to check with the JavaOne organizers to see if this is possible and whether the cost is feasible.
1) Submit a proposal for a technical session or BOF by Nov. 16. Details are at https://www28.cplan.com/cfp_prod/CFPLogin.jsp?wId=72T235.
Marketing Events Manager
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Back to the top