Co-operative RCP Marketing

During the last marketing meeting, we discussed the possibility of initiating a co-operative marketing program to raise the awareness and adoption of Eclipse RCP.   I was asked to send out some additional details about how member companies could participate in these programs.  Therefore, below is a brief description of what I think is possible.   Based on the feedback I receive I will send out a more formal sponsorship description.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.   We will discuss this in more details during our weekly marketing meeting tomorrow, Tuesday Sept. 5 at 9amPT/noonET/6pmCET.

Regards,

Ian

Draft Proposal

Goal:  The goal of the RCP marketing program is to raise the awareness and adoption of Eclipse RCP and at the same time promote the ecosystem of commercial solutions available for Eclipse RCP.

Potential Marketing Initiatives

- Run a series of 3 webinars that educate developers on the different aspects of Eclipse RCP.  To ensure maximum exposure and attendance, the webinars will be produced with a media company.   All sponsored companies will be identified in the webinar and receive the attendee list.

- Attend 1-2 focused trade shows to generate awareness of Eclipse in the Microsoft community.  All sponsored companies will be allowed to distributed RCP oriented literature in the Eclipse booth and receive any leads generated by attending the trade show.

- Create RCP focused success stories that involved the solutions of the sponsored companies.   These success stories would be posted on the eclipse.org web site at http://www.eclipse.org/community/rcp.php.

- Sponsor RCP Seminars in regions located close to the sponsored companies.

Sponsorship

As with most Eclipse marketing initiatives, we look for sponsorship from member companies.  This allows us to help promote the Eclipse ecosystem and extend our marketing resources.   Although we would need to finalize the budget for these programs, I am estimating that we would need 5 companies to contribute approximately $5000 each.

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Tel: 613-224-9461  ext. 227