Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] SAP submission...

-1

Okay, I have no real knowledge of SAP technologies, but I fear that this is more about HANA (Wikipedia page looks like a sales pitch) than Orion.

Achim

From: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Campo, Christian
Sent: Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 17:28
To: Eclipsecon list
Subject: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] SAP submission...

hi PC,

your program is final as of yesterday. So will not add more accepted talks or reject talks that are currently accepted.

SAP contacted me and Achim today about a talk they didnt submit. Big apologies from them for coming so late. After some discussion I said she can write a really short abstract and we see if we are interested on the waiting list.

The abstract with title is below and could longer but I asked to make it short. I propose to just vote +1,-1,0 for putting on the waiting list…. You can also suggest a position in the waiting list if you have an opinion about that. (If you vote –1 you dont need to do that :-) )

I really like everyone to vote, except Simon (since it is SAP) and then we see tomorrow where this going.

christian

p.s. reject comments are really going good. Its 16 more and we are done. Please help each other….. !!!!

------------

Providing Orion API for an in-memory database (SAP HANA).

The main focus of the open source project Orion (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion) is to create an environment for web development in the web browser.

It includes a web-based IDE and the corresponding tools and specifications.

The server side API and the client side API are the clearly defined specification for developing in the web using an Orion compliant server.

In this talk we deal with the problem of how to implement an Orion API on SAP HANA, which is both an in-memory database and a platform.

The challenge is not only to implement the complete specification of Orion API on HANA, but also to extend it with a HANA specific functionality in the way to stay compliant with Orion native clients.

------------

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main

fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
USt-IdNr. DE207665352