Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] e4 Migration Talk

No one has replied yet, which is a petty because you shouldŠ..

I am a little biased on this one, because Jonas showed me the version
before it was posted and supplied some feedback. I am also biased because
I have not much idea or experience about EMF and I dont use it. (I have
Ed's book and read it until page 30 something)

So the talk would work well for me and I think there are many others who
are reluctant to use EMF. (for one reason or another)

That would also mean that we focus the e4 migration topic in this one
extended slot with Philip, Lars and Wim.

+1 from me

What do the others think ?

Am 03.09.13 15:39 schrieb "Jonas Helming" unter
<jhelming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Hi Everybody,
>
>as it has been discussed probably two e4 migration talks are merged into
>one slot. I am the speaker of the remaining one, as the slot will most
>likely collide with the modeling symposium.
>Even if I would love to give the talk, I could live with an alternative
>to reduce the overlap.
>As the EMF tutorial got rejected, I think a basic EMF talk is missing on
>the conference. I have done such a talk on the Democamp Munich and got
>good feedback.
>So what I would be interested in your feedback for the abstract below.
>If this talk is accepted, I will with-draw the e4 migration talk.
>Please tell me your opinion on this.
>
>Regards
>Jonas
>
>Getting married (with) EMF
>
>If you do not use EMF or know what it is, please keep reading; this talk
>is targeted at you.
>EMF (Eclipse Modeling Framework) is a framework used to generate
>entities (aka Java Beans) from a simple model. Over the years, EMF has
>become a runtime technology for all kinds of purposes and is, since the
>release of Eclipse 4, even part of the core platform.
>However, the world of Eclipse developers is still split in two groups.
>One group uses EMF and loves it, and the other group has never used it
>before.
>This talk is meant for the second group, so if you have no idea what EMF
>is or if you don¹t know why you should use it, this is the place to be
>for you. We want to demonstrate to you the benefits of using EMF for
>your next application.
>Because slides are not to be trusted, we will show a consistent live
>demonstration building a new application based on EMF from scratch. To
>spice it up a little, the example model we create covers a crucial,
>complex, fluctuating, touchy and controversial topic from real life: the
>seating arrangement at a wedding.
>During the session, we will demonstrate a number of benefits of using
>EMF Core such as the reflective API, generated UI support and
>validation. Additionally, we will demonstrate EMF-based frameworks,
>which provide a wide feature set including Graphiti, EMF Client Platform
>and CDO.
>

>--
>Dr. Jonas Helming
>
>Software Engineer / Consultant / General Manager
>EclipseSource Munich
>
>Email: jhelming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Web: http://eclipsesource.com/munich
>Phone: +49 89 21 555 301 - 1
>Mobile: +49 170 31 51 698
>Fax: +49 89 21 555 301 - 9
>

>EclipseSource München GmbH
>Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1
>80992 München
>
>General Managers: Dr. Jonas Helming, Dr. Maximilian Kögel
>Registered Office: Sailerstraße 5, 80809 München, Commercial Register
>München, HRB 191789

>mmittee

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
USt-IdNr. DE207665352