[eclipse.org-committers] Infra updates: IT SLA changes, Gerrit, GitLab, eclipseprojects.io

Greetings Eclipse committers,

Here's a quick update on the state of the Eclipse infra. I'll be at EclipseCon Europe in a few weeks -- please find me if you'd like to talk about what we're doing, how we can help you, share ideas, or just to vent!

IT SLA

I'm proposing some changes to our Service Level Agreement, to better fit the Kubernetes model. Under Kubernetes, services are not typically disrupted for upgrades, but long-running build jobs could be interrupted. https://eclip.se/551751

Gerrit Upgrade

In the following weeks we'll resume our Gerrit upgrade, which was interrupted by technical issues. Follow along here: https://eclip.se/541221

GitLab

We're investigating a Foundation-hosted instance of GitLab, on servers physically located in Europe. Expect to see a Proof of Concept in the following months. Follow along here: https://eclip.se/537913

vservers: eclipseprojects.io

A small number of Eclipse projects operate a Virtual Server in the *.eclipse.org domain. For security purposes, we will be migrating those hosts to the eclipseprojects.io domain. We'll ensure to set up http redirects so that hosted content does not break. Please see https://eclipse/549359

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please comment on the bugs, find me at EclipseCon Europe, or reach out to me directly.

Denis

--

Denis Roy

Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @droy_eclipse

Back to the top