[eclipse.org-committers] Handling large files in Git repositories

Hello!

Handling large files is a known issue with Git. I would like to know, if there are any solutions developed by Eclipse community.

We are migrating our old CVS repositories to Git. We have some projects, in which we need to store large JAR files (~40MB) - we are shipping those files with plugins. We want to version those files (or at least their hashes), but we do not want to download the whole history ( 5 versions of 40MB file gives 200MB ). We would like to download those file on demand. Is there any solution for handling large files developed by eclipse.org community? I know about several, but they do not work with EGit, i.e. using smudge/clean filters.

Thanks,
Piotr Tomiak
Genuitec LLC

Back to the top