[eclipse.org-committers] Due Diligence Process - Updated Process Flow Document

Just in time for EclipseCon, we have a revised pictorial diagram of the IP Process (attached).   A copy of this document can also be found on the following IPBug.  Our website will be updated with the document shortly.  The revised document reflects our efforts to streamline the IP Process for the community.  You will for example see the parallel process for Incubating Projects addressed and the introduction of parallelism into the Board voting process.

For those of you attending EclipseCon, we will be available at the poster reception to discuss this diagram and answer any questions you may have.  I will also be presenting this document at the Committer and Project Boot Camp (Sunday March 4th, 13:00, 4 hours | Tasman).

For those of you who may be interested, the following short talks on IP will also be presented at EclipseCon:

  1. Third Party Code - Licenses that work and those that don't/Does dual-licensing help?

Tuesday, 14:00, 10 minutes | Ballroom FGHABC

  1. IPZilla Best Practices - How to speed up review

Tuesday, 11:20, 10 minutes | Ballroom FGHABC

  1. Due Diligence - Why does it take so long and the challenges of nested components

Wednesday, 15:40, 10 minutes | Ballroom GHAB

  1. What you need to think about when considering/accepting a contribution

Thursday, 11:30, 10 minutes | Ballroom GHAB

Hope to see you there!

Janet

Janet Campbell

Legal Counsel & Manager, Intellectual Property

Eclipse Foundation Inc.

Check it out:  http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/