|[eclipse.org-committers] Annual Members Meeting and Committers Boot camp|
Dear Eclipse Members and Committers,
There are three upcoming meetings you should plan to attend. Please follow the RSVP details below.
The annual general meeting of the Eclipse Membership will be held Monday, March 5th from 1:30-5:30pm at the Santa Clara Convention Centre. This is the same time and location as EclipseCon 2007.
The annual meeting is your opportunity to better understand what is happening in the Eclipse community and what to expect in 2007. We have also invited 3 guest speakers: Brent Williams, Wall Street Analyst, James Governor from Redmonk and John Andrews from Evans Data Research to provide an external expert view of Eclipse in the greater software development community. Following the meeting will be a members-only networking reception.
A detail agenda of the meeting is provided below. If you plan on attending, we would ask that you please follow the RSVP instructions below.
Committers Boot Camp
In addition to the members meeting, we are running two events for new Eclipse members and committers. On Sunday, March 4th from 1:00-5:00pm there will be a Committer Boot Camp. This session will introduce new committers and project leaders to the Eclipse development process, Eclipse Licensing and IP process and guidance on promoting and growing a project’s community.
New Member Jumpstart
There will also be a New Member Jumpstart meeting on Monday, March 5 at 9:30-11:30am. This meeting is ideally suited for new representatives of Eclipse member companies. It will introduce the role of the Eclipse Foundation, the governance structure and provide insight into the organization of the different projects
Your feedback and participation in these events is always appreciated. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Members’ meeting and EclipseCon 2007.
If you have not already done so, please reply to this email or forward to members.meeting@xxxxxxxxxxx and indicate which of the following events you will be attending:
I will be attending the New Committer boot camp on Sunday, March 4th from 1pm-5pm
I will be attending the New Member Introduction on Monday March 5th 9:30-11:30am
I will be attending the Annual General Meeting of the Eclipse Membership on March 5th, 1:30-5:30pm
I will be attending the Annual General Meeting Reception on March 5th, 6pm-8pm
1. New Committer Boot Camp
Sunday, March 4th, 1:00-5:00pm
- Eclipse Development Process - Bjorn Freeman-Benson and Ward Cunningham
- Licensing and IP Process – Janet Campbell, Manager of IP Process at Eclipse Foundation
- Community Building – Ian Skerrett and Donald Smith – Eclipse Foundation
2. New Member Jumpstart Meeting
Monday, March 5th, 9:30-11:30am
- Role of the Eclipse Foundation
- Community Governance at Eclipse
- Project Structure
3. Annual Eclipse Members’ Meeting
Monday, March 5th, 1:30-5:30pm
- Welcome and Introductions
- Invited Speaker: ‘Eclipse- A View from Wall Street’ – Brent Williams, Wall Street Analyst
- Invited Speaker: ‘Changing the Economics’ – James Governor, Industry Analyst, Redmonk
- Executive Director Report – Mike Milinkovich, Executive Director of the Eclipse Foundation
- Project Updates
- Invited Speaker: ‘Eclipse by the Numbers’ – John Andrews, CEO, Evans Data Research
4. Members’ Reception – Monday, March 5th, 6:00-8:00pm
Back to the top