[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Proposed Project Declaration

Declaration for the Aperi Storage Management Project

As per the Eclipse Development process, we--the group of companies participating in the formation of Aperi (Brocade, CA, Cisco Systems, Emulex, Fujitsu, LSI Logic [Engenio Storage Group], IBM, McDATA, NetApp, and Novell)--are notifying the Eclipse membership at large of our intent to propose the Aperi Storage Management Project as a Technology incubator.

A brief description of the project is below. A draft project proposal has been posted on http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/aperi/.

The Aperi project will create the Aperi Storage Management Framework including the discovery of host, storage, and infrastructure components through SMI-S; maintain a coordinated database of these components; create a set of services including configuration, event, and performance management; and formalize the interfaces between storage management applications and the storage management framework.

--

Anne Jacko

Development Process Operations Support

emo@xxxxxxxxxxx