[eclipse.org-committers] Callisto preparation and its impact on the eclipse.org infrastructure

Greetings committers,

We're quickly approaching the Callisto release date (June 30), and I'd like to inform you of some server infrastructure we're preparing, as it could have an impact on your work. All times are EDT (UTC-4).

1. download.eclipse.org
- download.eclipse.org will be frozen from 10:00am June 29 up to 9:00am June 30. During this time, anything you upload to download.eclipse.org will not be available for download until 9:00am June 30. There will be no exceptions. - for those projects who are *not* directly involved with Callisto but who want to follow the release train, uploading your release during the above freeze is highly desirable. Your release files will be publicly available shortly after 9:00am June 30. - the Callisto "Final Daze" document is a good read for all Eclipse.org projects : http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Callisto_Final_Daze

2. Server infrastructure
- during the first few days of Callisto, we expect our servers to be quite busy. Please carry out your business as usual, but do try to postpone non-essential, resource-consuming tasks, such as running download stats, grepping through CVS, running builds or running complex Bugzilla queries until mid-July if possible.

3. Mirror sites
- All public mirror sites (except internal mirrors) will magically disappear from our download pages tomorrow, June 20, while we run a preflight on our infrastructure. This is normal and expected, so please don't open bugs :)

Thanks for your usual cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Denis

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure