[eclipse.org-committers] (Second try)

(My apologies for the incorrect URL in the previous version of this message.)

As per the Eclipse Development Process, we are notifying the Eclipse Membership-at-Large of the intent of Xored Software, to propose the Dynamic Languages Toolkit project as part of the Technology PMC.

A brief description of the project is below. The draft project proposal has been posted on http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/dltk/

Project Declaration for "Dynamic Languages Toolkit"

Dynamic Languages Toolkit project goal will be to develop framework for tool vendors, researchers, and end-users who rely on dynamic languages (like PHP, Python, and Perl). The toolkit will support of editing, code navigation, debugging, and refactoring of code in dynamic languages and must be an extensible such that new languages such as Tcl or Ruby could be plugged in easily.

Also project will explore potential reuse among other Eclipse language projects and result in recommendations/code to push down to LTK (in addition to ltk.refactoring).

Back to the top