[eclipse.org-committers] Quick WebMaster update

Hi all,

In this issue:

1. HELP FOR ME!
2. Download stats.
3. Changing your password
4. Download links
5. Committer lists - commit.html
6. PlanetEclipse.org

1. HELP FOR ME!
Starting Monday, May 2, Sujay D'Souza will be joining the Foundation as co-webmaster. We will work as a team performing the WebMaster duties. This will not only help restore my sanity, but it will also translate to faster response times to your e-mails.

2. Download stats.
As of last Friday, Apr. 22, the Update Manager downloads are tossed into the stats database (once per day). They will now be included in the way I calculate the top-10 downloads from now on. This alone adds about 800,000 records to the MySQL database each day, so I also put some restrictions on the live stats page. For the curious, the Eclipse's MySQL server runs an average of 42.5 queries/second.

3. Changing your password
There is currently an issue with the "passwd" program running on dev.eclipse.org. More often than not it fails to change the password because it claims it cannot contact the LDAP server, although the LDAP server is performing flawlessly. I am working on a web-based set of tools which will allow you to change your password without the need to SSH in.

4. Download links
I'd like to discourage you from linking to milestone builds or integration builds from other projects. These builds are very volatile, and result in me getting e-mails because of broken links.

5. Committer lists - commit.html
The committer lists (such as http://eclipse.org/technology/commit.html) were reactivated this morning. Their functionality was broken as a result of the migration. Please note that I won't be fixing these pages any more; I am working on new tools that will allow you to get a better view of who's who and who has access to what.

6. PlanetEclipse.org
http://planeteclipse.org is now being hosted by the eclipse.org servers. Big thanks to Gunnar Wagenknecht for hosting it in the interim, and for kindly sending me his config file. Have a blog? Send me the link to your feed.

Thanks for reading this. If you have any questions, comments, concerns or rants, feel free to send them to me directly.

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the FAQ at http://www.eclipse.org/webmaster/faq.html