[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Redundancy (aka errors in the future) of content of NOTICE&CONTRIBUTING

Hi AC,

I think we need to think a bit more about how NOTICE & CONTRIBUTING files are generated once according to PMI info and then can easily become out of date.
Say I add or remove a Git repo from a project, create some new CQ, change some other documentation in PMI; those files are not magically updated, hence they show outdated content and become unreliable and introduce issues instead of being helpful.
We need only 1 source of truth: either the PMI, or those files; and the release review should focus on this single source of trust, and the other "source" should just link to the source of truth instead of being a snapshot.

Can we just have the NOTICE file, at minimum, be a link to some dynamic page?
For the CONTRIBUTING file, I think it's better to make it Git repo specific and have PMI referencing CONTRIBUTING from the various repos than the other way round, but that's already possible I believe.

Cheers

--
Mickael Istria