--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:38 AM Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Equinox is not part of Runtime (RT). The Eclipse top-level project handles Equinox CQs and we do understand the CQs.

Dani

From:        Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08.04.2020 20:49
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Improving license check for        dependencies
Sent by:        eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The intent is to have the PMC decide whether or not the CQ makes technical sense. Specifically, the IP Team depends on the PMC to confirm that the requested dependency is indeed, for example, a prerequisite (and not, say, a works with). The EMO and IP Team are not generally able to make that assessment.

I can see the intent but I question if the PMC is the appropriate gatekeeper to decide if a CQ is filed correctly.  Perhaps it is different for each PMC but from the Runtime perspective, I wouldn't expect anyone on Equinox to take the time to understand how any given CQ would relate to Jetty, at least to the level where they would diagnose that sort of nuance.

Jesse