Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] License Checker Tool

This is neat, look forward to giving it a whirl!

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:38 PM Wayne Beaton <wayne.beaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Eclipse Architecture Council

I'm tracking the contribution of the license checker tools that I spoke of in last week's meeting via Bug 560072. I'll send the contribution to the IP Team for their review tomorrow. With their approval, I'll move the contribution into the Eclipse Dash project. I'll move the existing repository, so any pull requests or issues you create will get moved along with the repo.

Note that the contribution includes an example of the form that I'm thinking the third party content of the IP Logs may take. There's a few examples of how to invoke the tool in the README.

I'll reiterate a point that I made during the call: I consider the Architecture Council a place to discuss half-baked solutions. This isn't a complete solution and I don't have all of the answers. I need your help to bring it across the finish line (though I do have a few students lined up who may be able to help with some of the heavy lifting).

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.