From: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:56 AM
To: eclipse.org-architecture-council
Subject: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Your opportunity to express concerns regarding some JSRs that are up for a vote

Greetings Eclipse Architecture Council.

As a member of the Java Community Process Executive Committee, the
Eclipse Foundation is obligated to vote on JSRs. This is, basically, our
opportunity to influence how various aspects of Java evolve.

When a vote is announced, I post on this group because we value your
input. Several years ago, we collectively decided that this was a good
use of the Eclipse Architecture Council. I have, however, received
virtually no feedback on these requests. When I've asked about this in
the past, the consensus seemed to be that it was still
useful/interesting to let the AC know that these votes were happening
and that the group as a whole figured that I should continue to ask for
their feedback. Is this still true?

Below are the JSRs that are up for a vote. If you have any comments or
feedback, please let me know ASAP.

Note that I've already voted yes on JSR 221.

Thanks,

Wayne

*****NEW ITEMS*****
JSR 67 - Java APIs for XML Messaging - Maintenance Review 5
Last day to vote: 24 April 2017
URL for Maintenance Review 5 materials:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr067/index5.html

JSR 224 - JAX-WS 2 - Maintenance Review 6
Last day to vote: 24 April 2017
URL for Maintenance Review 6 materials:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr224/index6.html

*****EXISTING ITEM*****
JSR 221 - JDBC 4 API Specification - Maintenance Review 3
Last day to vote: 17 April 2017
URL for Maintenance Review 3 materials:
https://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr221/index3.html

--