[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Mentor Graphics p2-installer

Hey gang, and for Martin to put in the minutes, here is the link to the Mentor Graphics p2-based installer.

    https://github.com/MentorEmbedded/p2-installer

The pdf file is a good read and has some screenshots. I like it because it looks like a traditional installer. I also like it because a few of us have built something similar for our commercial needs, but they're the first ones to EPL theirs and put it out into the open. If we collaborate on IDE frameworks, I'm not sure why we wouldn't do the same for installers.

OOMPH solves the larger problem of setting up workspaces and is very powerful and I like the idea a lot. I just want to make sure whatever we use it has a great new user experience, which is what installers are all about :).

Cheers,
Doug.

Back to the top