[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Crowdsourcing Documentation at Eclipse

Hey guys, I have another issue that I think may interest the Architecture Council...

I recently blogged about potentially crowdsourcing documentation at Eclipse:
    http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/07/13/crowdsourcing-documentation-at-eclipse/

It would be interesting to hear stories from various project teams to how they handle documentation. In terms of:
    1) how is it sourced (e.g., html, docbook, dita, wiki)
    2) general process
    3) level of outside contributions

It's my current opinion that documentation is not in the best shape it can be at Eclipse. I think we can do better by looking at our user community to do some of the work. We have a lot of early adopters at Eclipse and people willing to contribute... we just need to make it easier in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top