[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] FindBugs
- From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:52:32 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pQe/GqPnM2iT35qJQxp/70UnUXmLdevfw8Yv9TtR/U5FVLxQtjBk3Ol9ewyBNGaw+2jCximOBpc6zD90xg5+Xp5FQ+HcV75dPnjxpPkyAJAnDXDE4PtMF6jsjgX5a+kpQSy8Apxa05A888XO+CybQm8YWHJ0xo0KB6mqbyOb5Xs= ;
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20090409)
I use it from time to time and find that it is pretty decent. There are
times that you have to spend tweaking some of the suggestions and
findings as it will return false negatives. But for the most part it
runs unintrusively. Would probably be an easier sell to projects at
eclipse if it was itself an Eclipse project.
Wayne Beaton wrote:
Does anybody on the AC have experience with FindBugs that they'd care
I'd like the AC to consider making the use of FindBugs a best practice
recommendation for projects.
FindBugs is a static analysis tool that is quite popular.
Any thoughts on the topic?
eclipse.org-architecture-council mailing list
IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal
to the Eclipse Foundation. To be permanently removed from this list,
you must contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to request removal.