[eclipse.org-architecture-council] another Architecture council nomination

I would like to nominate Oliver Cole the Eclipse Architecture Council.

Oliver has been a valuable and steady contributor to the Hyades and later TPTP projects. Last year he was elected to become the PMC lead for TPTP and has worked very hard to ensure TPTP has a balanced and clear focus for it's community. He has also spear headed a re-engagement to build meaningful linkages between TPTP and other projects such as WTP.  He has also shown a rather unique skill at keeping all the big gorillas in the room under control and keeping everyone focused on "the right thing to do".

Over the years Oliver has been directly, and indirectly through other commiters, also been making strong contributions to the design and code base of TPTP and the Eclipse community, Naturally, as an exploiter of the Eclipse projects, Oliver and OC Systems have been providing concrete feedback  from the consumer perspective as well.

Over the many years that I have been working with Oliver, I have found him to be a very valuable peer and mentor, and I believe he can add great value and energy to the architecture council. With Oliver's years of hands on and deep technical experience in our industry I am sure we will realize benefits from his contribution.

Thanks for your time.
Harm Sluiman,
IBM Distinguished Engineer
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920  cell: 1-647-300-4758
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Queenie Lam qlam@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 313-5864 1-905-413-5864

Back to the top