|Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Architecture Council meeting in Chicago June 28th|
Architecture Council Members,
As you know, the Q2 council meetings are being held in Chicago at the Hotel Allegro (www.allegrochicago.com <http://www.allegrochicago.com> ). The schedule will be:
Tuesday (June 27th) evening - Group dinner at at the 312 Chicago Restaurant. (Please RSVP via http://www.regonline.com/96095)
Wednesday (June 28th) morning - plenary session with all three Council and the entire Board
Wednesday afternoon - architecture council meeting
Tuesday 27 Wednesday 28 Thursday 29
am Requirements Plenary w/ Board Planning
eve Group Dinner
The agenda for the Architecture Council is (to date) a single item:
Look forward to seeing you there...
- Eclipse Commons.
- One of the things that a number of projects and ecosystem have noticed is that (a) the tree of dependencies between Eclipse projects is wide and shallow and thus (b) if two projects want to share some code, it must be pushed into the platform project because that's the only common ground, even if the code in question is of absolutely no use in the platform itself. And this leads (c) to bloat within the platform, which does a great disservice to people in the community looking to use the platform to write lean and compact RCP apps.
- The idea of an Eclipse Commons project has been floated; the Architecture Council seems to be the place to discussion the goals of such a project.
- Is this for EPL'd Eclipse plug-ins that are shared between projects?
- Do projects graduate plug-ins into the commons? If not, where does the code come from?
- Is this for Legal-approved third-party code, e.g., Apache logging, packaged as a plug-in?
- What is the governance model for the Commons?
P.S. The next Council meetings will be in Stuttgart Oct 10-11-12 in conjunction with our first Eclipse Summit Europe.
eclipse.org-architecture-council mailing list
Back to the top