We are now done!
Thanks all for your hard work.
Yesterday, Feb 23rd, we had a conference call
at 9am PST, noon EST, 6pm CET to discuss the draft of the version 1.0 of the
Roadmap document. It was a very useful and effective call - thanks to all who
The only section of the Roadmap that generated discussion
was the "Eclipse
Future Directions" section of the roadmap.html page. There were two
- This section was generated by Mike without input from the Architecture
or Requirements Councils and that, in the future, those councils need to be
involved in creating this section of the Roadmap.
- The wording is such that readers might take this as "the truth" rather
than as speculation. We need more wording to show that intent of the
document is to start a dialog with the membership about the direction of
Eclipse rather than making an apriori definitive
- Mike will touch base with Plug-in Provider represenatives Rich and Todd
to make sure they understand the implications of the "Eclipse Future
Directions" section of roadmap.html.
- [Completed] Bjorn will update the "Eclipse Future Directions" section
with respect to item (2) above, and send around this email notifying
everyone that it has been done.
- [Completed] The Council representatives agreed that the Roadmap is ready
to be presented to the Board at the Monday, Feb 28th meeting.