From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "eclipse-pmc" <eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Eclipse Planning Council private list <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [eclipse-pmc] [eclipse.org-planning-council] [cross-project-issues-dev] m2e 1.18.0 and SimRel 2021-06
Date: Fri, Jun 4, 2021 8:18 AM

As far as I'm aware, the current state of SimRel is OK with the new m2e version and that there is no more problem to fix.
So if everything is OK, I don't think we should try to add more complexity on Platform end; especially since Platform did communicate very early about that and has no responsibility in m2e not reacting promptly enough. I agree with Sravan that the outlined plan is more than we can handle calmly in a few days with limited resources of several Plaform/SimRel developers.
Having an 2.0.0-alpha1 transitive dependency isn't too critical in practice; Jetty 10.x release is currently shipping this requirement and this has been good enough for Jetty so far. I don't think it would cause more hard to the Eclipse Platform.