From: Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "eclipse-pmc" <eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [eclipse-pmc] Process improvement suggestions for Release Tasks
Date: Wed, Mar 3, 2021 4:58 PM

> 3. Tips and Tricks -> Use the rolling T&T docs. Bugzilla should have a keyword “tips”. The contributor will add the keyword to bug and update the T&T document when applicable.

Maybe finally implement the Tips framework. I can own the creation of tips for a couple of releases, given this is flagged in bugzilla.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 7:45 AM Sarika Sinha <sarika.sinha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Release tasks continue to happen for each release even after the release cycle moved to Quarterly. Here are some of the suggestions to improve the process without impacting the quality of a release.
Release tasks that can be made independent of the release cycles:
  1. ReadMe -> Make it rolling from 4.20 and people can add items whenever required. Create new readme file for every June release.
  2. Acknowledgement -> Can be a rolling one for 2 releases from 4.20.
  3. Tips and Tricks -> Use the rolling T&T docs. Bugzilla should have a keyword “tips”. The contributor will add the keyword to bug and update the T&T document when applicable.
  4. Migration Guide -> Make it rolling from 4.20 and people can add items whenever required.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarika