Re: [eclipse-pmc] Stop bug auto closing!

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Following up from https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jdt-dev/msg01419.html I want to
inform the PMC that I see these options:

1) Turn of auto closing of old bugs - AT LEAST FOR JDT.

Is there a decision between JDT committers to do that? If there is such - the PMC should honor it.

Or

2) I have to step down from my assumed responsibility for ecj maintenance.

Or

3) I don't see an option #3

Note that this has two aspects:

- the flood of mails which takes down significant time from development

- IF we'd ignore those mails (ideally automatically!!!) we'd loose significant,
   perhaps vital information about previous efforts in analysis and recognized
   violations of JLS (in the case of ecj).

cheers,
Stephan

PS: FWIW, the backlog of JDT bugs waiting for auto-close is currently 4456.
There's no reason to expect this flood to end any time soon.