Re: [eclipse-pmc] Pack2000 removal in Java 14

> We will see once/if it's integrated in JDT 14.

I presume you meant "Java 14". There's nothing JDT will do here.

Dani

From:        Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        06.11.2019 19:41
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [eclipse-pmc] Pack2000 removal in Java 14
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 7:07 PM Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alex

Yep, this is currently proposed to target but not yet targeted for JDK 14.

Aren't we done through
Bug 536282: Check whether/Make p2 work if not pack200/unpack200 is available ?

Honestly such removals always manage to stay somewhere hidden until you can test with it removed. We will see once/if it's integrated in JDT 14.

Still open:

Bug 536106: pack200 is being deprecated in java 11
Bug 539540: Consider dropping pack200 requirement and reports for SimRel / EPP

Dani