From:        Holger Voormann <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        14.09.2019 22:42
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [eclipse-pmc] Fw: [cross-project-issues-dev] SimRel 2019-09 RC2 crashes on Windows 10 on inline rename in the Project Explorer
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

The following are my observations of Eclipse 2019-09 (4.13) RC2 on two
different Windows 10 laptops. I don't know if it behaves the same on all
Windows 10 computers. Eclipse did not crash on a third laptop with
Windows 7.

In the Project Explorer a normal, slow inline renaming (typing + RETURN)
crashes Eclipse in most cases. Java files that are not contained in a
source folder or Java properties files will be renamed inline. Java
files contained in a source folder are not affected as they are not
renamed inline but via a dialog. In PHP (PDT) projects inline renaming
seems to be deactivated for all files. I have not tested C/C++ (CDT) and
other project natures.

In the Navigator a fast sequence of F2, ESC is required to crash Eclipse.

In case of a crash, all unsaved changes will be lost.

Thanks,

Holger