Re: [eclipse-pmc] Change the org.eclipse.sdk feature?

This is tracked by https://bugs.eclipse.org/359466. We can simply remove it. Please put any comments into the bug report.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        01.11.2017 15:05
Subject:        [eclipse-pmc] Change the org.eclipse.sdk feature?
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear PMC members,

a while ago we discussed that we should remove the CVS feature from
our SDK build and only provide it via our the update site.

At the moment the org.eclipse.sdk feature includes the sdk branding
plug-in and all other SDK features including the CVS.

To allow removal of the CVS feature we have two options:

1.) Modify our sdk product to list the features explicitly and remove
the included features from the org.eclipse.sdk feature
2.) Modify our sdk product similar to 1.) but create a new feature and
leave org.eclipse.sdk as is.

Option 1 could, in theory, break consumers which include our sdk
feature. The fix is easy, they would have to adjust their product.

I would prefer option 1.), otherwise we would continue to deliver a
feature which we are not using anymore. If we decide for this option,
we could send a note to the cross mailing list and add the info to the
migration guide.

What do you think?

Best regards, Lars

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058
USt-IdNr.: DE284122352
Fax (040) 5247 6322, Email: lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx, Web:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.vogella.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=1UITCR5rxUZHSFczvfaNFK4ymEbEiccRX7VKchpqz0Y&m=evZZDz8lzDdMEpf1ycK1KfUwP0Z9EDrvVH4whwnD8oI&s=5Hrzp6JbCILmIJOlP8KaQFyTfxXMf0a2aPjxHv1Ddqs&e=