[eclipse-pmc] Version Numbering Guidelines for Update Releases

Dear PMC members

In our maintenance/SR releases we treated API additions as rare exceptions and feature work was almost never approved. Therefore we never increased the minor version for those releases, but suppressed the API Tools error to increase the minor version.

Now, with the new Update releases, where API and feature additions come more often, we need to decide whether we continue with the above approach, or be honest and use accurate semantic version numbers.

Please add your comments to https://bugs.eclipse.org/499164, and be prepared to discuss this in our next PMC meeting.

Thanks,
Dani

Back to the top