Re: [eclipse-pmc] Re-spin M5?

I am in favour of contributing the fix to RC4, and to respin an M5a. This is a severe bug that only impacts certain commands in multi-page editors, so the impact on the Eclipse SDK by itself is minimal. However for other projects on the release train, such editors are central and the regression is quite severe.  More detailed discussion is found in the bug.

John

From:        Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        02/04/2013 09:52 AM
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-pmc] Re-spin M5?
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A last minute fix which went into M5 and also Juno SR2 RC3 breaks/hides key bindings in the XML Editor [1] and I suspect other editors will also be affected. We need to discuss whether we want to re-spin M5 to fix this. At this point I don't know of a workaround.

I have updated the bug:

Bug 399831 - Many broken shortcuts in XML Editors

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster