Re: [eclipse-pmc] Target milestones

A Target Milestone-setting pass is typically done during milestone week.  I've done an interim pass and ensured that accurate Target Milestones are set on all bugs representing changes that appear in builds, so the list has shrunk by quite a bit.

Grant

From:        Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        11/16/2012 11:00 AM
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-pmc] Target milestones
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

>  - There is one Platform team that doesn't use target milestones but instead uses build notes to list what is fixed - I'll leave you to guess from the list which team that is :)
You mean SWT? AFAIK they set the milestone when they verify the fix.

Dani

From: John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 16.11.2012 15:52

Looking through this list, there are various reasons:

- Someone forgot to set milestone

- Originator (non-comitter) marked the bug FIXED because it now works, and didn't realize about target milestones

- Fix applies to something not in build, like web site, downloads, etc.

- There is one Platform team that doesn't use target milestones but instead uses build notes to list what is fixed - I'll leave you to guess from the list which team that is :)

- Some of the bugs in your list do have valid targets, like Juno M4, 4.2, etc. Your regex isn't matching everything.

In short, I try to ensure there is always a target milestone for anything that went into our builds. To me, the "--" target implies the fix is not in a build. I do occasionally query for recently fixed bugs and add target milestones for the cases that are missed. If you (or anyone) is ever unsure about when something was fixed, it is always fair to ask in the bug.

John

From:
"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:
11/16/2012 03:09 AM
Subject:
[eclipse-pmc] Target milestones
Sent by:
eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

When creating a bugzilla query to show what bugs had been fixed by now for Juno SR2,

I came across a number of fixes with odd or unassigned target milestones:

This query lists bugs that entered the “FIXED” state since mid September 2012, which are
not assigned a Juno SR2 or Kepler Milestone. One could argue that a “---“ milestone always
applies to the current stream (ie Kepler), is this how we want to treat things these days ?

Have a quick look if you care:

http://bit.ly/RXRlLo

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber
, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools,