From: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:08 PM
To: eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse-pmc] PMC members: Vote for new member.

PMC,

As you are aware, we have been discussing the need to increase the community representation on the Eclipse PMC since Jeff McAffer left us. It is important for us to represent the needs of the whole Eclipse community -- something that Jeff definitely helped us with.

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been talking about the possibility of adding Andrew Overholt to the PMC. He has a great community focus and understands our processes (including builds) by virtue of his interactions on behalf of the Linux community. In addition, his company, Red Hat, recently contributed a new resource to work on SWT for GTK 3, who will hopefully become a new committer on the SWT team.

Since there seems to be agreement amongst ourselves that Andrew would be an excellent addition, and Andrew himself is keen, I would like to call for your formal +1's to add Andrew Overholt as a new PMC member.

Thanks,
McQ.

Back to the top