Re: [eclipse-pmc] API Change Approvals

Yes that sounds good to me. Request is made via eclipse-pmc mailing list, and approval granted by setting flag in the bug.

John

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/24/2011 12:18 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-pmc] API Change Approvals

flagged on bug seems like a requirement. announced to list is good for visibility though. both?

McQ.

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---2011/03/24 14:57:20---+1, sounds good to me. Should requests be made on eclipse-pmc oJohn Arthorne---2011/03/24 14:57:20---+1, sounds good to me. Should requests be made on eclipse-pmc or directly in bugzilla? Sending the request on the mailing list

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

2011/03/24 14:57

Re: [eclipse-pmc] API Change Approvals

+1, sounds good to me. Should requests be made on eclipse-pmc or directly in bugzilla? Sending the request on the mailing list is best for visibility, but actually flagging the vote in the bug would make them easier to track.

John

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/24/2011 01:18 AM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

"eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse-pmc] API Change Approvals

On yesterday's PMC call McQ and I discussed how to deal with API change
requests coming in for 3.7 after the API freeze. We came up with the
following rule that will ensure a timely response to the requests:

"A vote lasts 48 hours and there needs to be at least one PMC member
approving the request and no veto from another PMC member. Ideally, the
PMC member closest to the affected code should cast his vote."

Please speak up if this does not work for you.

Dani