Re: [eclipse-pmc] Fw: New Component Leads in the Eclipse Project

I agree that it was a good idea. Webmaster and EMO IP team have (with considerable help from John and the Eclipse PMC) done a fantastic job of realigning the groups. The next step is to make sure that the foundation database matches the groups. We've already started working on this.

The end result should be that the Eclipse project "components" that we still actually require will all become "projects".

Last year's workaround for the metadata inheritance was to just paste the top-level project plan into the projectplanurl field for all subprojects. That said, I'll see if we can move the metadata-related bugs along in time for Indigo (I've already done a lot of work to make the metadata management a lot more flexible, so we can start to entertain doing things like automatically inheriting fields from parent projects).

Wayne