re: [eclipse-pmc] A request to decouple ACL for core components

Thinking more about this, I believe this will be a fairly complicated change. I suggest that Szymon write up a wiki page or similar describing the proposed changes in detail, and we can all review it before asking the foundation to make the changes. There are currently the following ACL's on eclipse.org related to platform core: plat-core, plat-testsboot, plat-core-mac, plat-core-photon, plat-rel-core, plat-core-hpux, core-variables. We need to know what the new groups are called (probably eclipse.platform.runtime and eclipse.plaform.resources), and what projects map to each ACL. Hopefully we can completely replace the seven existing ACL's with just two. From the Foundation perspective this is effectively a set of project creations/moves/removals but hopefully we can do it without too much process overhead.

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/21/2010 12:18 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

"eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
re: [eclipse-pmc] A request to decouple ACL for core components

We discussed this today in the PMC call and approve this change. Please
file a bug to request the new groups along with their members.

Dani