Re: [eclipse-pmc] Nomination for a new PMC member

+1

Martin would be a valuable addition to the PMC.

Jeff

Mike Wilson wrote:

Eclipse Project PMC members,

I would like to nominate Martin Oberhuber for membership in the Eclipse Project PMC. I believe there many reasons why Martin would be an excellent addition to our team, including:

- Martin is an active Eclipse community advocate, who would be able to represent our project well in the larger Eclipse.org context, and help us to increase our openness and participation. As the Chair for the Architecture Council, Martin would be able to help us grow stronger ties with that group and ensure that we are participating fully, as the EAC works through the big issues that effect us all.

- Martin is active on both of the main thrusts of the e4 work (i.e. both the UI and Resources sides). He has shown excellent organizational abilities in this regard, and I believe that his contributions have significantly advanced our efforts.

- Martin has that rare mix of qualities that allows him to advocate strongly for things that he believes in, without pissing off the people he works with. I believe his addition would be a significant win for us, giving us a breath of new energy that is exactly what we need.

I am in favor (obviously) of this nomination, and give my +1,
McQ