[eclipse-pmc] topic for tomorrow

One topic to talk about tomorrow is “decommitterization” (as Bjorn puts it).  We have covered this in the past but it turns out that there is more to it than originally thought.  Summary is that the community cannot function correctly if the set of committers is overly inactive.  For example, we are going to have a by-law change vote in a month or so and by the current bylaws that requires 2/3rds of the committers to vote and a majority of those to approve (or something like that).  If we have about 1000 committers and 500 inactive we will never get to the required thresholds.  The Eclipse project stands out as having one of the larger bodies of inactive committers.  Makes sense given our age but none the less is something that we should look at.

Jeff

Back to the top