Re: [eclipse-pmc] Plugin versioning question

No. To clarify the terms, the document uses "maintenance stream" versus "development stream". In our current situation, 3.3.1 is the maintenance stream, and 3.4 is the development stream. For a bug fix that doesn't touch API, increment service number by 1 for the maintenance stream, and 100 for the development stream. For example, plugin 3.0.0 would become 3.0.1 in maintenance stream, and 3.0.100 in the development stream.

Chris Goldthorpe <cgold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/29/2007 12:40 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-pmc] Plugin versioning question

I was just reading the plugin versioning document http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering and want to make sure that I understand it correctly.

When I make the first bug fix for 3.3.1 in a plugin do I bump the service segment in the 3.3.1 maintenance stream by 100 and increase the version number in HEAD if necessary to make it at least 100 greater than the maintenance stream?

Chris Goldthorpe