|[eclipse-pmc] Re: API request: Add API to expand SWT support in Data Binding|
After some discussion we'd like to refine our request.
For #3 we'd like to just have SWTObservables and no CompatibleSWTObservables. To account for needing to be able to run against SWT 3.2 we want to make all methods accept type Control rather than specific Controls. We'll have to document heavily what widgets are supported but by not having widget types in the method signatures we shouldn't have issues with version dependencies.
The new API will be:
* SWTObservables.observeSelection(Control control)
* SWTObservables.observeMin(Control control)
* SWTObservables.observeMax(Control control)
* SWTObservables.observeEditable(Control control)
* SWTObservables.observeDate(Control control)
This will also mean that existing methods will be changed to accept Control.
On Mar 15, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Brad Reynolds wrote:
This is a request to add new API to Data Binding that allows the following:
Back to the top