[eclipse-mirrors] Ultrastudio.org updates mirror likely works

Hopefully we managed to set up the updates mirror on Ultrastudio.org.

When I add http://ultrastudio.org/eclipse/eclipse/updates/3.6 as an update site to my Eclipse Helios, it detects the site, list packages needing update and then updates them. It is possible to have update sites ending by 3.5 and 3.4 for older distributions. Hence, we think, it works and you can try to use it. We will synchronize the mirror roughly daily.

Ultrastudio.org a free online encylopedia with full and extensive Java applet support (the submitted code is reviewed and built on the server side before approving to run). We use Eclipse to review and test the user submitted applets, and we also develop our server under Eclipse. Supporting this project, we decided to try to host the update site.

Ultrastudio.org is a fast dedicated machine with a good bandwidth but there are limitations on the total monthly traffic. To be careful, we decided to try from hosting updates only, not full distributions.

The server that hosts the update site is J2EE server. We found some PHP files in the update site: these will not be interpreted by our server, but this seems not interfering Eclipse too much.

Ultrastudio.org team.

Back to the top