RE: [eclipse-mirrors] [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Mirror eclipse.mirrors.adc.am down for maintenance]]]]

From running nslookup here in Cary, N.C. (USA):

Non-authoritative answer:

Name:   eclipse.mirrors.adc.am

Address: 91.103.30.102

From: eclipse-mirrors-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-mirrors-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mirrors@ADC
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 11:20
To: Eclipse download mirror administrators discussion and announcements
Subject: Re: [eclipse-mirrors] [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Mirror eclipse.mirrors.adc.am down for maintenance]]]]

Dear List members, Denis

Could you please try to lookup eclipse.mirrors.adc.am from your DNS servers.

Appreciated.

Tigran.

Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

Hi Tigran,

As I mentioned below, as the intermittent DNS failures in resolving your hostname are not limited to Eclipse servers, there is not much I can (or will) do.  If you can track down and solve the DNS issue, I'll gladly re-enable your mirror.

Thanks,

Denis

Mirrors@ADC wrote:

Denis,

Is there any update concerning our issue?

Tigran

Tigran Afrikyan wrote:

Hi Denis,

It is really strange since I've a lot of zones on my DNS servers and everything looks fine and working.
Here is some output from couple of Public DNS servers around the world which are states that pointer is resolvable.

# host eclipse.mirrors.adc.am resolver1.opendns.com.
Using domain server:
Name: resolver1.opendns.com.
Address: 208.67.222.222#53
Aliases:

eclipse.mirrors.adc.am has address 91.103.30.102
####

# host eclipse.mirrors.adc.am rdns1.ultradns.net.
Using domain server:
Name: rdns1.ultradns.net.
Address: 156.154.70.1#53
Aliases:

eclipse.mirrors.adc.am has address 91.103.30.102
#####

Please check from your side and if everything is OK include in to mirrors list .

Thanks,

Tigran.

Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

Hi,

It seems that there are intermittent problems while trying to resolve your DNS hostname.  Unfortunately, it seems this problem in not only limited to the Eclipse servers, as a member of our community based in Europe also reported this problem:

    http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg03250.html

I have removed your mirror from the list.  If you can track down and solve the DNS issue, I'll gladly re-enable your mirror.

Thanks,

Denis

Tigran Afrikyan wrote:

Hi Denis,

Did you solve the problem? since my mirror is not listed in mirrors list and not included in automatic IP redirection pool form Armenia. Could you please check and solve this problem

Thanks,
Tigran

Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

Hi,

As it turns out, I found a problem with the DNS servers we're using.  We (the Eclipse IT team) does not manage them, but I have submitted a ticket to have the problem investigated.

For some reason, the primany nameserver is not resolving your hostname, but the secondary is.  I have switched our mirror crawler machine to use the secondary DNS.

Thanks,

Denis

Tigran Afrikyan wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately eclipse.mirrors.adc.am is not listed, according to your email it should be there yesterday, but till now it is not .

Could you please check and finally add our mirror into the  list , actually I'm requesting this about a month .

Thanks,

Tigran.

Webmaster(Matt Ward) wrote:

Hello,

 Your mirror has been added back into the list.  It should begin to show up in a couple of hours.

-Webmaster.

Tigran Afrikyan wrote:

Hi,

I'm requesting to  add eclipse.mirrors.adc.am in to mirrors list .

Thanks ,

Tigran.

Webmaster(Matt Ward) wrote:

Hello Tigran,

 Your mirror is no longer being advertised.  Sorry about the delay.

Webmaster.

Tigran Afrikyan wrote:

Dear Denis,

Couple of weeks ago I've sent you email for listing eclipse.mirrors.adc.am in mirrors list, but till now this issue is not fixed. could you please check  the status of this.

Thanks,

Tigran.

Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

The address doesn't seem to resolve:

$ host eclipse.mirrors.adc.am
Host eclipse.mirrors.adc.am not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Our servers need to crawl your mirror to verify its state, and cannot do that.

Denis

mirrors@xxxxxx wrote:

Hi Denis,

Our mirror eclipse.mirrors.adc.am still not listed in mirrors list could you please check .

Thanks.

Tigran

Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

My bad - your mirror was set to advertise=off.  I've removed that, and as soon as your mirror is crawled, it will show up.  It should be crawled within an hour.

Denis

Mirrors@ADC wrote:

Hi Denis,

Sorry for bothering you, but eclipse.mirrors.adc.am is not listed in mirrors list yet .
Could you please check ?

Thanks and Regards,

Tigran.

Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy) wrote:

Thanks

Mirrors@ADC wrote:

Hello,

I would like to inform you that our mirror eclipse.mirrors.adc.am is now up and running.
Please include in mirrors and redirection  list.

Thanks.

Tigran

mirrors@xxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

Due to a technical issue, the server will be down for maintenance for few days.

I'll post a new message here as soon the new server is ready.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Best regards, --

Tigran