[eclipse-mirrors] Updated mirror script for Eclipse mirrors

Greetings,

I've made a small change to our mirror script. I essentially added the -p parameter to RSYNC, so that file permissions on download.eclipse.org are preserved on your mirror (typically 644 for files, and 755 for directories).

    http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse.org-rsync.sh.txt

The reason for this change is that some of our build teams do not set files as world-readable (and directories world-rx) and therefore files would be mirrored to you with incorrect permissions.

We do have scripts that "fix" the broken permissions throughout the day, but in some cases the fix only occurred after you had mirrored, resulting in 403 Forbidden errors when accessing the files from your web/ftp server.

If you're not using our script, please use the -p parameter with your RSYNC command.

Thanks for your usual cooperation, and thanks for being an Eclipse mirror site!

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the WebMaster FAQ at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Webmaster_FAQ