Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] [resources] Resource Folder filters

I'm experimenting with doing this kind of filtering at the EFS level now, and it works nicely.  I think it is a very useful addition to EFS.  However, it doesn't solve the use case where you want to display an alternate logical project structure in one Explorer, while showing the actual file system structure in a different view.  There are currently at least two different concerns being merged in the IResource interface:

1) underlying filesystem structure
2) logical project structure

In terms of the 3 layers (filesystem, resource, application) that Michael identified in the kickoff discussion, 1 corresponds to the filesystem layer, and 2 to the application layer.

Is there a clean way to tease these two concerns apart?  If we want to present different mappings for the same underlying IFileStore objects, maybe we should simplify the IResource interface to deal mainly with the management of metadata and delta notifications and introduce a new IVisibleResource interface that deals with presenting the logical relationships between resources (it could delegate its relationships to the underlying IFileStore for the common case).

--Terry