[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] E4 Pervasive Themes

Hi All,

while it's great that work is ongoing on some exciting E4 Components,
I'm wondering what happened to the pervasive architectural themes
that were identified at the summit:
  • Reducing Bloat
  • Too Many Listeners
  • Becoming More Asynchronous
  • Eclipse Application Model
A lot of people signed up as being interested at the Summit, but who's
actually going to work on these items? And, given that these items are
pervasive across all components, how are we going to communicate
about these things, discuss and share ideas?

Given the pervasive nature of these things, I guess that they should be
addressed soon. In the Resources work, for instance, it would be
interesting to know if some general framework for asynchronousity
is in the works, before starting on something.

Let's start discussing these questions on the mailng list, I have also
prepared a Wiki page for capturing ideas and results:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Pervasive_Themes

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top