RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Re: [platform-core-dev] E4 Resources:Reaching Out

It might be worth a note out to the committers list and do a complete sweep.

Doug.

From: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wilson
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 2:33 PM
To: Eclipse Platform Core component developers list.; E4 developer list
Subject: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Re: [platform-core-dev] E4 Resources:Reaching Out

I seem to remember that one of the groups that hit the flexible resources problem is the web community -- something about conflicts between layouts at development time versus layouts that particular appservers require. I'm not sure if they were represented on the call, but if not, it probably makes sense to approach them directly.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Oberhuber, Martin" ---19/09/2008 13:21:55---Hi all,"Oberhuber, Martin" ---19/09/2008 13:21:55---Hi all,

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"E4 developer list" <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Eclipse Platform Core component developers list." <platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

19/09/2008 13:21

[platform-core-dev] E4 Resources: Reaching Out

Hi all,

From today's kick-off meeting, I collected the work areas that pariticpants
mentioned as interesting to them:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Resources/Meeting/19-Sep-2008_Kick-off#Work_Areas

These could be a starting point for what we're going to do. These are by far less
than what I had collected previously, which is totally OK. I just found it interesting
that "
logical project nesting", for instance, was not mentioned. The Maven folks
seemed to be very interested in that (and there is an own Eclipse Technology

Project for Maven Integration as far as I know).

Perhaps we should reach out to more participation?
How could we reach more people?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm