[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS: TK-UI - how to add new widget types?
- From: "Angelo zerr" <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:59:27 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=fwrcw1qXG1IeAY61m6whbw7DEQqqomwGXY4+rNzIBOkOuahGK6yziy1rki/YVeWdaA CfVpSqcO8Ma1D7URW0Ljxr2DdMnrsDF+bPdZsT+1uBbswXVtiEI4pmv8nSfqquXlsklv CYi1JTiBpBjxiLnNJb+qYapZO9/aTJmvbar4E=
I understand the problem. I will try to think about this problem.
2008/8/22 Kevin McGuire <Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx>
A few questions about extending tk-ui:
1) I was wondering if you could explain
the steps involved for adding a new widget type to the system, say the
lovely Gallery widget from Nebula? It has all sorts of additional
stylable properties like label text, highlight color and radius of the
selected element (which, for added fun, is managed via a separate object,
a subclass of AbstractGalleryItemRenderer).
2) How do we add new pseudo classes
for say widgets from Nebula? A problem I see is that pseudo class
casing happens within the property handlers. For example, CSSPropertyTextSWTHandler
CTabFolder && "selected".equals(pseudo))
This suggests that if I add a new widget
type that supports some other pseudo class (say, GalleryItem:expanded)
then I'd need to add it as another case in that method, which obviously
I can't do in an extendable way.
eclipse-incubator-e4-dev mailing list